Busy year ahead for the Springboks
The Springboks will end off a busy international season with a tour to Wales, Scotland and Francein Europe in November this year, while the venues for the first two Springbok Tests of 2013 have been reversed to avoid an event clash.
The opening fixture of a new-look quadrangular tournament between the Springboks, their RWC 2015 opponents Scotland and Samoa, as well as Italy, will now take place at Mr Price Kings Park in Durban on Saturday, June 8.
The second round will be played at the Mbombela Stadium in Nelspruit – the first-ever test at that venue.
This change in venue has been made due to a clash with the Top Gear motoring event in Durban on June 15 and 16.
Furthermore, the Springboks will play their away fixtures during The Castle Rugby Championship in Mendoza on August 24 (against Argentina), Brisbane on September 7 (against Australia) and Auckland on September 14 (against New Zealand).
In November, the Springboks will return to France for the first time since 2009. It will only be the third test against the French since South Africa won the Rugby World Cup in Paris in 2007. The venue for this test still has to be confirmed by the hosts.
The Springboks will also play Tests against Wales and Scotland on their traditional season-ending tour to Europe.
All home matches are subject to the conclusion of commercial terms with planned hosting venues and all fixtures are subject to change.
Castle Incoming Tour:
• Saturday, June 8 (Mr Price Kings Park, Durban): Scotland v Samoa; Springboks v Italy
• Saturday, June 15 (Mbombela Stadium, Nelspruit): Samoa v Italy; Springboks v Scotland
• Saturday, June 22 (Loftus Versfeld, Pretoria): Team 3 v Team 4 ; Team 1 v Team 2
The Castle Rugby Championship:
• Saturday, August 17 (Free State Stadium, Bloemfontein): Springboks v Argentina
• Saturday, August 24 (Estadio Malvinas Argentinas, Mendoza): Argentina v Springboks
• Saturday, September 7 (Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane): Australia v Springboks
• Saturday, September 14 (Eden Park, Auckland): New Zealand v Springboks
• Saturday, September 28 (DHL Newlands, Cape Town): Springboks v Australia
• Saturday, October 5 (Ellis Park, Johannesburg): Springboks v New Zealand
Castle Outgoing Tour:
• Saturday, November 9 (Millennium Stadium, Cardiff): Wales v Springboks
• Saturday, November 16 (Murrayfield, Edinburgh): Scotland v Springboks
• Saturday, November 23 (Venue TBC): France v Springboks