Ogier takes lead in Sweden
Frenchman Sebastien Ogier, in a Volkswagen, edged closer to victory in the Rally of Sweden on Saturday when he kept world champion and compatriot Sebastian Loeb behind him in second spot.
Ogier, who has led the race since the second stage, has a 26.9sec advantage over his Citroen rival, while Norway's Mads Ostberg, in a Ford Focus, stayed in third place.
"Ogier has done really well," said nine-time world champion Loeb, who won the season-opener in Monte Carlo.
"He showed that he deserves to win this race. On Friday, he was untouchable and on Saturday, when we put him under pressure, he remained faultless. Until now, he has driven the perfect rally."
Ogier said he was exhausted by the effort involved in staying out in front.
"I am really tired because this rally really takes it out of you. Between each stage, you have to change the tyres, break the ice on the car, it never ends," said the Volkswagen driver.
1. Sebastien Ogier (France) Volkswagen 2:18:22.800
2. Sebastien Loeb (France) Citroen +00:26.900
3. Mads Ostberg (Norway) Ford 00:57.700
4. Jari-Matti Latvala (Finland) Volkswagen 01:03.800
5. Evgeny Novikov (Russia) Ford 01:43.500
6. Thierry Neuville (Belgium) Ford 03:16.200
7. Juho Haenninen (Finland) Ford 04:10.500
8. Henning Solberg (Norway) Ford 05:16.700
9. Martin Prokop (Czech Republic) Ford 07:56.100
10. Daniel Sordo (Spain) Citroen 08:31.900