Loeb wins season-closing Rally of Spain
World champion Sebastien Loeb ended his season in style in Spain on Sunday weith victory in the closing Rally of Spain.
The Citroen driver, who is planning to compete in only a handful of rallies next year as he turns his attention to the world touring car championships, beat Jari-Matti Latvala in a Ford Focus with his Citroen teammate Mikko Hirvonen taking third.
This was Loeb's 76th career win, the French rally legend coming in seven seconds clear of Latvala, who claimed third in the overall drivers' standings, with Hirvonen 1min 46.8s adrift.
1. Sebastien Loeb (France) Citroen 4:14:29.100
2. Jari-Matti Latvala (Finland) Ford +00:07.000
3. Mikko Hirvonen (Finland) Citroen 01:46.800
4. Mads Ostberg (Norway) Ford 01:56.400
5. Jarkko Nikara (Finland) Mini 16:07.900
6. Craig Breen (Ireland) Ford 18:10.400
7. Chris Atkinson (Australia) Mini 19:14.700
8. Per-Gunnar Andersson (Sweden) Proton 20:16.100
9. Daniel Sordo (Spain) Mini 25:40.600
10. Evgeny Novikov (Russia) Ford 25:46.600