Ostberg leads Loeb in Spain
Mads Ostberg of Norway, in a Ford, held the advantage over world champion Sebastien Loeb after Friday's opening six special stages of the Rally of Spain.
Ostberg, who clocked the fastest time in the second stage, led the season-closing rally by almost half a minute from Loeb, who claimed stages three and five in his Citroen.
Ostberg, winner in Portugal, is battling to finish third in the 2013 drivers' standings.
Ostberg's Ford teammate Jari-Matti Latvala won the first special to be placed third at 47sec.
LEG 1 CLASSIFICATION
1. Mads Ostberg (Norway) Ford 1:41:32.400
2. Sebastien Loeb (France) Citroen +00:27.200
3. Jari-Matti Latvala (Finland) Ford 00:47.000
4. Mikko Hirvonen (Finland) Citroen 01:02.600
5. Ott Taenak (Estonia) Ford 01:10.800
6. Craig Breen (Ireland) Ford 06:00.900
7. Hans Weijs (Netherlands) Citroen 06:08.500
8. Jarkko Nikara (Finland) Mini 08:20.000
9. Per-Gunnar Andersson (Sweden) Proton 09:42.400
10. Evgeny Novikov (Russia) Ford 10:59.500