Loeb sets pace in Argentina qualifying
World champion Sebastien Loeb set the best time in qualifying for the Rally of Argentina on Thursday, allowing the Frenchman to select his starting place in the race.
Loeb, who has won this race for six years in a row, edged Citroen teammate Mikko Hirvonen with the Ford Focus duo of Dani Sordo and Petter Solberg in third and fourth place respectively.
The race gets underway later on Thursday with a super-special stage at Villa Carlos Paz.
1. Sebastien Loeb (FRA/Citröen DS3),
2. Mikko Hirvonen (FIN/Citröen DS3),
3. Dani Sordo (ESP/Ford Fiesta RS),
4. Petter Solberg (NOR/Ford Fiesta RS),
5. Thierry Neuville (BEL/Citröen DS3),
6. Mads Ostberg (NOR/Ford Fiesta RS)