Pedrosa finishes on top
Dani Pedrosa returned to the top of the Sepang timesheet on the final day of the second pre-season test.
The Honda rider, who had been quickest on Day One before being overhauled by 2012 World Champion Jorge Lorenzo on the second day, hit the front on Thursday with a 2:00.562.
It was a day in which Honda dominated as rookie rider Marc Marquez was second quickest falling at Turn 12 in the wet conditions in the morning and then again later in the dry at Turn 9.
"It's been a good day, overall. In the morning we rode in the wet and I felt very good on the bike, even though I had a small crash," Marquez said.
"I clipped the white line and lost the front, but neither myself nor the bike were affected at all.
"When the track dried out we went back to our work on the electronics and with the bike setup -above all with the front.
"On the initial laps I didn't feel completely comfortable with the front end and had another small crash at the hairpin when I was forcing it a bit too much.
"In the final hour we set the bike up the way we had been fastest at this test, and I think that we got a good time again with it.
"We can leave here feeling positive about how things went."
Lorenzo brought his Yamaha home with the third best time, edging teammate Valentino Rossi. The duo were 0.430s and 0.500s off the pace respectively.
Alvaro Bautista clocked the fifth best time ahead of Cal Crutchlow and Stefan Bradl. They were the last riders to get within a second of Pedrosa's P1 time.
The CRT battle for the day was won by Randy de Puniet, who was 13th overall, 2.3s down.
1. Dani Pedrosa Honda 2m00.562s 57 laps
2. Marc Marquez Honda 2m00.643s + 0.081s 54 laps
3. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 2m00.992s + 0.430s 56 laps
4. Valentino Rossi Yamaha 2m01.062s + 0.500s 61 laps
5. Alvaro Bautista Gresini Honda 2m01.078s + 0.516s 43 laps
6. Cal Crutchlow Tech Yamaha 2m01.094s + 0.532s 59 laps
7. Stefan Bradl LCR Honda 2m01.309s + 0.747s 63 laps
8. Andrea Dovizioso Ducati 2m01.650s + 1.088s 44 laps
9. Nicky Hayden Ducati 2m02.070s + 1.508s 53 laps
10. Bradley Smith Tech Yamaha 2m02.314s + 1.752s 64 laps
11. Andrea Iannone Pramac Ducati 2m02.566s + 2.004s 52 laps
12. Michele Pirro Ducati 2m02.773s + 2.211s 38 laps
13. Randy De Puniet Aspar Aprilia 2m02.863s + 2.301s 45 laps
14. Ben Spies Pramac Ducati 2m03.055s + 2.493s 33 laps
15. Katsuyuki Nakasuga Yamaha 2m03.154s + 2.592s 32 laps
16. Hector Barbera Avintia FTR-Kawasaki 2m03.155s + 2.593s 42 laps
17. Wataru Yoshikawa Yamaha 2m03.257s + 2.695s 26 laps
18. Aleix Espargaro Aspar Aprilia 2m03.423s + 2.861s 45 laps
19. Karel Abraham Cardion Aprilia 2m04.066s + 3.504s 57 laps
20. Colin Edwards Forward FTR-Kawasaki 2m04.102s + 3.540s 42 laps
21. Hiroshi Aoyama Avintia FTR-Kawasaki 2m04.512s + 3.950s 51 laps
22. Michael Laverty PBM-Aprilia 2m04.546s + 3.984s 24 laps
23. Lukas Pesek Ioda Suter-BMW 2m04.674s + 4.112s 33 laps
24. Danilo Petrucci Ioda Suter-BMW 2m04.686s + 4.124s 36 laps
25. Claudio Corti Forward FTR-Kawasaki 2m04.718s + 4.156s 51 laps
26. Yonny Hernandez PBM Aprilia 2m04.722s + 4.160s 47 laps
27. Takumi Takahashi Honda 2m04.749s + 4.187s 65 laps
28. Bryan Staring Gresini FTR-Honda 2m05.313s + 4.751s 40 laps