Casey Stoner has pole in German MotoGP
Defending world champion Casey Stoner took advantage of the track drying up late in the qualifying session on Saturday to secure pole position for the German Moto Grand Prix race.
The Australian rode his Rapsol Honda to the top of the grid by clocking 1 minute, 31.796 seconds on the 3.671-Kilometre (2.28-mile) Sachsenring circuit.
It's Stoner's fourth pole of the season.
Ben Spies of the United States was second in 1:31.989 on a Yamaha.
Dani Pedrosa of Spain was third in 1:32.081 on the other Rapsol Honda.
This video is not available in your region
1. Casey Stoner, Australia, Honda, 1 minute, 31.796 seconds.
2. Ben Spies, United States, Yamaha, 1:31.989.
3. Dani Pedrosa, Spain, Honda, 1:32.081.
4. Cal Crutchlow, Britain, Yamaha, 1:32.288.
5. Jorge Lorenzo, Spain, Yamaha, 1:32.381.
6. Stefan Bradl, Germany, Honda, 1:32.510.
7. Nicky Hayden, United States, Ducati, 1:32.795.
8. Andrea Dovizioso, Italy, Yamaha, 1:33.205.
9. Valentino Rossi, Italy, Ducati, 1:33.217.
10. Aleix Espargaro, Spain, Aspar ART, 1:33.900.