Vettel fastest once again in Singapore
The searing pace of the Red Bulls was evident again on Saturday as championship leader Sebastian Vettel topped the timesheets in the third and final practice session ahead of the Singapore Grand Prix.
Vettel, who holds a 53 point lead over Ferrari's Fernando Alonso with seven races remaining this season, clocked a best time of one minute 44.173 seconds in the 60 minute session.
Romain Grosjean showed some good pace throughout the session in his Lotus to finish second fastest, 0.191 seconds behind Vettel as the sun set on another hot, humid and dry day in the Southeast Asian citystate.
Nico Rosberg was third quickest in his Mercedes (1:44.741) but the German was more than half a second slower than Vettel, who had enjoyed a similar advantage after second practice on Friday.
Vettel's Red Bull teammate Mark Webber was fourth fastest with 2008 world champion Lewis Hamilton fifth for Mercedes as the cars set up to make the most of the high downforce layout in Singapore dominated again.
Vettel, winner of the last two races at the Marina Bay Street Circuit, had predicted on Friday a close challenge from Mercedes during qualifying.
Spaniard Alonso was sixth fastest for the second consecutive session, more than a second down on Vettel.
Alonso's Brazilian teammate Felipe Massa was 10th quickest while Kimi Raikkonen, who will join the Spaniard at the Italian team next season, was down in 12th for Lotus.
THIRD FREE PRACTICE SESSION
1. Sebastian Vettel (Germany) RedBull - Renault 1:44.173
2. Romain Grosjean (France) Lotus - Renault 1:44.364
3. Nico Rosberg (Germany) Mercedes 1:44.741
4. Mark Webber (Australia) RedBull - Renault 1:44.906
5. Lewis Hamilton (Britain) Mercedes 1:44.921
6. Fernando Alonso (Spain) Ferrari 1:45.257
7. Sergio Perez (Mexico) McLaren 1:45.500
8. Nico Huelkenberg (Germany) Sauber - Ferrari 1:45.876
9. Jenson Button (Britain) McLaren 1:45.890
10. Felipe Massa (Brazil) Ferrari 1:45.935
11. Jean-Eric Vergne (France) Toro Rosso - Ferrari 1:46.084
12. Kimi Raikkonen (Finland) Lotus - Renault 1:46.147
13. Pastor Maldonado (Venezuela) Williams - Renault 1:46.338
14. Daniel Ricciardo (Australia) Toro Rosso - Ferrari 1:46.358
15. Valtteri Bottas (Finland) Williams - Renault 1:46.660
16. Paul Di Resta (Britain) Force India - Mercedes 1:46.879
17. Esteban Gutierrez (Mexico) Sauber - Ferrari 1:46.893
18. Adrian Sutil (Germany) Force India - Mercedes 1:47.249
19. Giedo van der Garde (Netherlands) Caterham - Renault 1:48.931
20. Charles Pic (France) Caterham - Renault 1:49.037
21. Jules Bianchi (France) Marussia - Cosworth 1:49.182
22. Max Chilton (Britain) Marussia - Cosworth 1:49.982