Mercedes dominate final practice
Mercedes dominated final practice for the British Grand Prix on Saturday, with Nico Rosberg beating Lewis Hamilton to the fastest time.
Rosberg, who was quickest on Friday, lapped the Silverstone circuit with a best lap of one minute 31.487 seconds on a bright and breezy day at the former World War two airfield that hosted the first championship race in 1950.
Hamilton, the 2008 champion and a home favourite, was 0.146 slower after Monaco winner Rosberg snatched the top place on the timesheets in the closing seconds.
Red Bull's triple world champion and championship leader Sebastian Vettel and Australian team maate Mark Webber were third and fourth fastest, but half a second slower than Rosberg, with Lotus's Romain Grosjean fifth.
Vettel leads Ferrari's Fernando Alonso by 36 points after sseven of 19 races.
McLaren's Jenson Button, the 2009 champion and another local favourite, was only 12th and Mexican teammate Sergio Perez was 18th after a left rear tyre blowout caused the session to be halted for marshals to pick up debris.
Perez also slid off later in a difficult session for his struggling team.
THIRD PRACTICE TIMES
1. Nico Rosberg (Germany) Mercedes 1:31.487
2. Lewis Hamilton (Britain) Mercedes 1:31.633
3. Sebastian Vettel (Germany) RedBull - Renault 1:32.037
4. Mark Webber (Australia) RedBull - Renault 1:32.078
5. Romain Grosjean (France) Lotus - Renault 1:32.391
6. Daniel Ricciardo (Australia) Toro Rosso - Ferrari 1:32.440
7. Fernando Alonso (Spain) Ferrari 1:32.454
8. Kimi Raikkonen (Finland) Lotus - Renault 1:32.459
9. Adrian Sutil (Germany) Force India - Mercedes 1:32.536
10. Paul Di Resta (Britain) Force India - Mercedes 1:32.571
11. Jean-Eric Vergne (France) Toro Rosso - Ferrari 1:32.580
12. Jenson Button (Britain) McLaren 1:32.926
13. Pastor Maldonado (Venezuela) Williams - Renault 1:33.133
14. Nico Huelkenberg (Germany) Sauber - Ferrari 1:33.225
15. Felipe Massa (Brazil) Ferrari 1:33.273
16. Valtteri Bottas (Finland) Williams - Renault 1:33.309
17. Esteban Gutierrez (Mexico) Sauber - Ferrari 1:33.370
18. Sergio Perez (Mexico) McLaren 1:33.607
19. Charles Pic (France) Caterham - Renault 1:34.971
20. Jules Bianchi (France) Marussia - Cosworth 1:34.990
21. Max Chilton (Britain) Marussia - Cosworth 1:36.694
22. Giedo van der Garde (Netherlands) Caterham - Renault 1:37.443