Loeb leads as normal service resumes in Spain
World champion Sebastien Loeb, lying second overnight, picked up two of Saturday's opening three special stages to take command of the season-closing Rally of Spain.
The Citroen ace heads the standings by 18.9sec from Ford's Finnish driver Jari-Matti Latvala, with another Ford competitor, Norway's Mads Ostberg, who had led Loeb overnight, 47.9s away in third.
Ostberg was hampered after a mistake in the eighth stage.
1. Sebastien Loeb (FRA/Citroen DS3 2hr 29min 17sec,
2. Jari-Matti Latvala (FIN/Ford Fiesta) at 18.9 sec,
3. Mads Ostberg (NOR/Ford Fiesta) 47.9,
4. Mikko Hirvonen (FIN/Citroen DS3 55.9,
5. Ott Tanak (EST/Ford Fiesta) 1:22.9
Special stage winners: Latvala (SS1, SS7), Tanak (SS2), Ostberg (SS2), Loeb (SS3, SS5, SS8, SS9), Novikov (SS4), Hirvonen (SS6)