Grosjean hot streak continues in testing
French driver Romain Grosjean followed up his first ever podium placing in a Grand Prix by recording the equal fastest time in his Lotus on the second day of testing here on Wednesday.
Grosjean, who finished third in the Bahrain Grand Prix behind two-time world champion Sebastian Vettel and Lotus teammate Kimi Raikkonen, clocked a best time of 1min 21.603sec in the morning session.
That was equalled by Japan's Kamui Kobayashi (Sauber) in the afternoon session, while Vettel and Red Bull teammate Mark Webber recorded the third and fourth fastest times respectively.
This three-day testing session is the only one of the season held outside race weekends, with the sole team missing from Mugello – site of the first in-season tests since 2008 – being HRT.
The next race is the Spanish Grand Prix on May 13.
1=. Romain Grosjean (FRA/Lotus-Renault) 1min 21.603sec
Kamui Kobayashi (JPN/Sauber-Ferrari) 1:21.603
3. Sebastian Vettel (GER/Red Bull-Renault) 1:21.825
4. Mark Webber (AUS/Red Bull-Renault) 1:21.997
5. Felipe Massa (BRA/Ferrari) 1:22.257
6. Jean-Eric Vergne (FRA/Toro Rosso-Ferrari) 1:22.422
7. Daniel Ricciardo (AUS/Toro Rosso-Ferrari) 1:22.588
8. Michael Schumacher (GER/Mercedes-AMG) 1:23.404
9. Charles Pic (FRA/Marussia-Cosworth) 1:23.982
10. Vitaly Petrov (RUS/Caterham-Renault) 1:24.312
11. Gary Paffett (GBR/McLaren-Mercedes) 1:24.480
12. Timo Glock (GER/Marussia-Cosworth) 1:24.499
13. Paul di Resta (GBR/Force India-Mercedes) 1:24.749
14. Bruno Senna (BRA/Williams-Renault) 1:25.221