Sweswe not worried about ban
Former Zimbabwe national team defender Thomas Sweswe, who has been banned for life together with other players and officials for their involvement in the Asiagate scandal, says he is not worried about anything.
The BidVest Wits defender said that he doesn’t want to say much at the moment because Zifa have not been talking to the players directly.
He told Supersport.com that what he is doing is co0ncentrating on his game at at his club for the time being.
“I am not worried. There is nothing to worry. I also just hear from the media about the ban. I don’t want to talk much because they can use that against me. What I am doing now is playing my game and my lawyer will deal with the other issues in Zimbabwe,” Sweswe said.
Sweswe, together with Mamelodi Sundowns defender Method Mwanjali and former Black Leopards coach Sunday Chidzambwa, have been banned from all football activities for life by Zifa in the Asiagate scandal which rocked the country.
Zifa has, however, given all the banned players and officials the chance to appeal their punishments if they are not happy.
The Appeal Committee will be responsible for hearing these cases and so far only two people have confirmed their appeals by paying the US $6 000 fee.