Sundowns interested in Mulenga
Power Dynamos have confirmed that ABSA Premier Soccer League side
Mamelodi Sundowns wrote to them expressing their interest in acquiring
the services of midfielder Mukuka Mulenga but have denied receiving an
offer for the midfielder.
The development was revealed to SuperSport.com on Wednesday by Power
Dynamos Club Secretary Aaron Ng’ambi who dismissed media reports that
Sundowns had tabled a ZMK1bn offer for the much sought after protégé.
“After we received communication from Sundowns, we wrote back to them
explaining the conditions under which we were willing to let go of
Mukuka. They have yet to let us know if they are still interested but
we only learnt through the papers that Sundowns had offered us
ZMK1bn,” said Ng’ambi.
“As Power Dynamos we have the best interest of the player. With us he
is guaranteed first team football. We don’t want him to join a club
where he is going to end up as a fringe player. Basically we asked
Sundowns how they thought Mukuka would suit in their team and they
have not yet responded. It is up to them to agree or disagree with
what we want.”
“So far the Power Dynamos Executive Committee has not met to discuss
the possible transfer of Mukuka Mulenga,” concluded Ng’ambi.
And Power Dynamos Chairman George Lungu concurred with Ng’ambi.
“I just read about it in the papers but I don’t know anything about
the offer for Mukuka from Sundowns,” said Lungu.