Nwosu cautions Odemwingie
Former Golden Eaglets' coach, Henry Nwosu has advised Super Eagles' forward, Osaze Odemwingie to keep his cool over his omission from the 32-man provisional Afcon 2013 list.
Outraged at his exclusion from the Afcon provisional squad made public last Friday by manager Stephen Keshi the West Bromwich Albion striker has taken to the social network, Twitter to castigate the coach and the NFF.
Nwosu said as much as he is not comfortable with Osaze's exclusion the player should follow the path of maturity and professionalism in expressing his views.
"I'm not happy with Osaze's Twitter comments on his exclusion from the Afcon list especially on the person of the coach, Stephen Keshi.
"It's the least conduct expected from a player of his calibre, he has every right to feel bad at his exclusion but decorum should be the appropriate channel to get himself heard.
"I don't know what transpired between him and Keshi prior to the release of the list, I personally felt that Osaze should be on the list but I'm not the coach and the coach has spoken.
"And that's why I feel Osaze should retrace his step, shut up his mouth and live on his life.
"There is always another day, if he is not called today he could be invited tomorrow. It's not the best for a player to dress down his coach on certain decision the way he's doing. He should be a role model to the younger players, it's bad and shouldn't be encouraged," said the former Nigerian captain to supersport.com.
Although Nwosu said he is yet to fully study the Afcon list he said the names listed are good except Osaze's omission.
"I've not sat down to analyse the list but feelers I got so far I think I'm impressed with the list except of course I felt Osaze should have been on the list," he said.