Muhoroni beef up squad
Kenyan Premier League side Muhoroni Youth have brought on board replacements for the key players they have lost during the current transfer window.
Head coach Alfred Imonje has confirmed that the former Division One side have replenished their stocks.
“Last time I had only two goalkeepers but this time I have brought in three as replacements to make a total of four so I believe that I am better placed,” said Imonje.
Imonje also confirmed that one of the shot-stoppers is from the first tier, with other two are from the league below.
“I have also brought in players to strengthen the striking department since the major problem was with the striking and goalkeeping areas,” said Imonje.
Muhoroni have recruited heavily from the second tier in the off-season. Imonje would not give further details on their acquisitions, but promised to do so on Friday 4 January 2013.
The coach believes that he has built up a competitive squad capable of bettering their 12th-placed finish in the 2012 season.
The side have so far lost their midseason signing Abbey Natty Kunrunmi to Gor Mahia, while former first-choice keeper Joseck Gathongo has penned a two-and-a-half-year contract with Sony Sugar.
This will be the second season for Muhoroni Youth in the first tier after gaining promotion at the end of 2011.