Bankers scrap trial plans
Kenyan Premier League side KCB will no longer be holding trials after their former coach James Omondi and his assistant Peter Ambetsa were given their marching orders last week.
The news comes days after the Bankers called off plans to axe around six players after a shaky season in 2012.
According to the team manager Josphat Okal, the new coach will be given full license to prepare the team for next season.
“We still have no coach in the team but we have prepared ground to ensure that there is smooth transition,” said Okal. “The trials have also been scrapped and we will have to wait for the new coach to come and make his own selection in preparation for the coming season.”
The club have now released their players for an off-season break. Okal says a return date will be determined once the league announces the fixtures for the 2013 season.
“We released our players on Thursday 29th November so that they can relax and focus on the coming season which we expect to improve on our performance,” added Okal.
KCB finished the recently concluded campaign in 10th spot in the standings with 39 points – 21 points behind champions Tusker and 15 points above the drop zone after 30 rounds of fixtures.