Cameroon league resumes after boycott
Division One and Two clubs in Cameroon have announced they would resume league matches on Saturday May 11 after a standoff between club proprietors, the Football Federation and the Ministry of Sports over non-payment of government subventions halted the championships for two weeks.
The association of elite clubs of Cameroon (ACEC) said an agreement was reached with Sports Minister Adoum Garoua at the end of another meeting between the parties on Wednesday.
It is still unclear whether the clubs were paid full or part of the more than 560 million franc CFA ($1.12m) owed to them by the government.
The ACEC president Raphael Onambele Zibi earlier insisted on full payment of the funds which he said were needed to run both leagues smoothly.
The domestic league was interrupted for two months last year due to a similar crisis.