BMC win Tour of Qatar team time-trial
US team BMC on Monday won the second stage of the Tour of Qatar, a 14-kilometre team time-trial on a desert road to the west of the tiny Gulf state's capital, Doha.
The victory, clocked in 16min 7.21sec, brought the team home five seconds ahead of Britain's Team Sky and 10 seconds in front of Omega Pharma, led by former world champion Mark Cavendish.
BMC's win means that Brent Bookwalter keeps the leader's golden jersey in the overall classification, ahead of his compatriot Taylor Phinney and Britain's Adam Blythe. In all, BMC occupies the first five places.
Tuesday's third stage will take the riders to Mesaieed, south of Doha.
1. BMC (USA) 14km in 16min 07.21sec
2. Sky (GBR) at 5sec
3. Omega Pharma Quick Step (BEL) 10
4. RadioShack (LUX) 11
5. Katusha (RUS) 15
6. Astana (KAZ) 17
7. FDJ (FRA) 23
8. Orica (AUS) 23
9. Cannondale (ITA) 24
10. Saxo-Tinkoff (DEN) 26
1. Brent Bookwalter (USA) 159km en 3hr 44min 44sec
2. Taylor Phinney (USA) at 6sec
3. Adam Blythe (GBR) 10sec
4. Greg Van Avermaet (BEL) s.t.
5. Michael Schär (SUI) s.t.
6. Bernhard Eisel (AUT) 11sec
7. Edvald Boasson Hagen (NOR) 15sec
8. Geraint Thomas (GBR) s.t.
9. Mathew Hayman (AUS) s.t.
10. Luke Rowe (GBR) s.t.