Engoulvent wins Four Days of Dunkirk
France's Jimmy Engoulvent of the Saur-Sojasun team won the Four Days of Dunkirk race on Tuesday after the fifth and final stage.
Italian Matteo Pelucchi of Europcar won a sprint finish for the stage after 176.1km of racing between Bethune and Dunkirk.
Engoulvent took the overall lead after stage three and did well to keep the pink jersey during a hard-fought fourth stage in which a number of attacks came and went before Czech Zdenek Stybar took the win atop Mont Cassel.
The Frenchman took a 43-sec lead over Stybar into the final stage on Tuesday, and lost just a second to the Czech in the general classification.
In the final bunch sprint Pelucchi got the better of German John Degenkolb, the Argos-Shimano rider who dominated the opening two stages.
STAGE 5 RESULTS
1. Matteo Pelucchi (ITA) Europcar 3hr 54min 51sec
2. John Degenkolb (GER/Argos)
3. Danilo Napolitano (ITA/Acqua & Sapone)
4. Adrien Petit (FRA/Cofidis)
5. Nacer Bouhanni (FRA/FdJ)
6. Kenny Van Hummel (NED/Vacansoleil)
7. Michael Van Staeyen (BEL/Topsport Vlaanderen)
8. Alessandro Bazzana (ITA/Team Type 1-Sanofi)
9. Jean-Pierre Drucker (LUX/Accent Jobs)
10. Baptiste Planckaert (BEL/Landbouwkrediet) all same time
1. Jimmy Engoulvent (FRA/Saur-Sojasun) 21hr 04min 00sec
2. Zdenek Stybar (CZE/Omega Pharma) at 42sec
3. John Degenkolb (GER/Argos-Shimano) 45
4. Carlos Betancour (COL/Acqua et Sapone) 1:03
5. Thomas Voeckler (FRA/Europcar) 1:05
6. Pierrick Fedrigo (FRA/FdJ) 1:06
7. Jerome Pineau (FRA/Omega Pharma) 1:18
8. Laurent Pichon (FRA/Bretagne Schuller) 1:24
9. Rob Ruijgh (NED/Vacansoleil) 1:27
10. Martin Elmiger (SUI/AG2R) s.t.