‘King Arthur’ to defend his crown
Arthur Abraham will defend his WBO super-middleweight title against Nikola Sjekloca on 3 May.
The German and the challenger, who is from Montenegro, will meet in Berlin, the promoters announced on Tuesday.
The 34-year-old “King Arthur” defeated Robert Stieglitz on a split decision earlier this month to win back the title he had lost to his fellow German in March last year.
"Finally, I have the WBO belt back around my waist and I don't plan on giving it up any time soon," said Abraham.
"I gave so much blood, sweat and tears for my last fight and it made me a world champion again. I will have to do the same to prepare for Sjekloca."
Sjekloca has already had a crack at a “world” title in the division when he lost on points in a WBC eliminator to Sakio Bika in Atlantic City in February last year. It was his first defeat in 27 bouts, of which he won eight by knockout.
"Sjekloca, has a good jab and tries to be very active," said Abraham's coach Ulli Wegner.
"In his fight against Bika he also showed that he can take a punch, so Arthur can't rely only on his power."