KO Kings don't need judges
Mexican knockout specialists Saul Alvarez and Jhonny Gonzalez will defend their world titles on September 15.
Spectators will be able to vote for the tournament’s top boxer and the winner will receive a bonus of $100 000 (R860 000) the promoters said in Las Vegas on Tuesday.
The card, dubbed "Knockout Kings", will offer four bouts. Details of two of them are still to be announced.
Three days after Filipino icon Manny Pacquiao suffered a disputed loss to Tim Bradley in a high-profile fight promoted by Bob Arum, rival promoter Golden Boy took aim at judging itself.
"We wanted to put together a fight card that would keep the judges at home," Golden Boy chief executive Richard Schaefer said.
"We're not here to discuss that (Pacquiao) fight. But on September 15 you can leave your scorecards at home."
Schaefer said the "Knockout Kings" idea was in the works long before Bradley was given the victory over Pacquiao, which will result in a rematch later this year.
"It really is no reference to what happened this past weekend," Schaefer said.
But Pacquiao's defeat does remind fighters about the dangers of leaving the outcome in the hands of judges by failing to knock out an opponent, former fighter and Golden Boy president Oscar de la Hoya said.
"You cannot leave it up to the judges, especially with $100 000 on the line."
Alvarez, who has a record of 40-0, with one drawn and 29 knockouts, will defend his WBC light-middleweight title against US southpaw Victor Ortiz, who stands at 29-3 with two drawn and 22 knockouts.
Gonzalez (52-7 with 45 knockouts) will defend his WBC featherweight title against Daniel Ponce de Leon (43-4 with 35 knockouts).
Ortiz first has to win or draw against Josesito Lopez (29-4 with 17 knockouts) in Los Angeles on June 23.
If he fails, Lopez is likely to fight Alvarez on the Mexican Independence Day card.
Alvarez was originally scheduled to fight US southpaw Paul Williams in September but Williams was paralysed in a motorcycle accident last month.