Kenyans sweep Milan marathon
Kenyan pair Daniel Kiprugut and Irene Kosgei Jerotich won the Milan marathon in pouring rain on Sunday.
Kiprugut finished in 2hr 8min 39sec to beat compatriot Nickson Kurgat into second with Ethiopia's Work Biru Gemechu third.
Jerotich claimed victory in the women's race in 2hr 31.07 ahead of Italian Emma Quaglia and Nediat Habtemriam of Eritrea.
Before the race began a minute's silence was held in memory of Piermario Morosini who died while playing football for Livorno on Saturday.
1. Daniel Kiprugut (KEN) 2hr 8min 39sec
2. Nickson Kurgat (KEN) at 4sec
3. Work Biru Gemechu (ETH) 8
1. Irene Kosgei Jerotich (KEN) 2:31.07
2. Emma Quaglia (ITA) 8
3. Nediat Habtemriam (ERI) 7.02