Barshim, Trost win high jump event
Qatar's Mutaz Barshim and Italy's Alessia Trost won an international high jump event in the eastern Czech town of Trinec on Tuesday.
Barshim managed a best of 2.34 metres, while 19-year-old Trost leaped a season-leading 2.00m, becoming the third Italian woman (after Sara Simeoni and Antonietta Di Martina) of all time to go over the mythical mark.
1. Mutaz Barshim (QAT) 2.34m
2. Aleksey Dmitrik (RUS) 2.31
3. Jaroslav Baba (CZE) 2.28
1. Alessia Trost (ITA) 2.00m
2. Venelina Veneva (BUL) 1.91
3. Olena Kholosha (UKR) 1.91