Townsend gets two more medals
South Africa's Darian Townsend was in fine form at the 2012 Fina World Cup series as he bagged two more medals on the Moscow leg on Thursday.
Townsend added to the gold and bronze medals he won on Wednesday by continuing his domination of the 200m freestyle, with a gold and bronze medal in the men's 200m individual medley.
The three-time Olympian finished first in the freestyle sprint for the third time out of four legs in the series.
Townsend touched the wall first ahead of Australia's Tommaso D'Orsogna and Germany's Paul Biedermann in a time of one minute, 44.66 seconds (1:44.66).
D'Orsogna and Biedermann finished in the same time of 1:44.49, sharing second place on the podium.
Later in the evening the 28-year-old Townsend finished joint third with Kenneth To of Australia in the 200m IM, clocking a time of 1:54.93.
Japan's Daiya Seto finished first in a time of 1:53.93, pipping Hungary's Laszlo Cseh who posted a time of 1:54.31.
The World Cup series will next move to Berlin on October 20 and 21.
All events in the Fina World Cup will be broadcast live on SuperSport.
This video is not available in your region
Women's 100m freestyle
1. Britta Steffen (GER) 52.92
2. Jessica Hardy (USA) 53.74
3. Natalia Lovtcova (RUS) 54.47
Women's 400m medley
1. Katinka Hosszu (HUN) 4:30.14
2. Zsuzsanna Jakabos (HUN) 4:30.80
3. Becca Mann (USA) 4:35.87
Women's 200m butterfly
1. Katinka Hosszu (HUN) 2:05.77
2. Zsuzsanna Jakabos (HUN) 2:06.06
3. Becca Mann (USA) 2:11.35
Women's 100m medley
1. Katinka Hosszu (HUN) 59.69
2. Theresa Michalak (GER) 59.98
2. Sophie Allen (GBR) 59.98
Men's 200m freestyle
1. Darian Townsend (RSA) 1:44.26
2. Paul Biedermann (GER) 1:44.49
2. Tommasso d'Orsogna (AUS) 1:44.49
Men's 100m butterfly
1. Evgeny Korotyshkin (RUS) 50.56
2. Nikolay Skvortsov (RUS) 50.82
3. Thomas Shields (USA) 50.89
Men's 200m medley
1. Daiya Seto (JPN) 1:53.93
2. Laszlo Cseh (HUN) 1:54.31
3. Darian Townsend (RSA) 1:54.63
Men's 50m freestyle
1. George Bovell (TRI) 20.90
2. Anthony Ervin (USA) 21.11
3. Evgeny Lagunov (RUS) 21.80
Men's 200m backstroke
1. Yuki Shirai (JPN) 1:50.80
2. Hayate Mastubara (JPN) 1:51.96
3. Ashley Delaney (AUS) 1:53.36